World Of Bodkin
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
  Feeling inspired
Leave the house before you find something worth staying in for.
Banksy www.banksy.co.uk
I was on the bus going to work the other day when I spotted a Banksy painting on the side of a building on Rosebery Avenue, Clerkenwell. My boyfriend has mentioned him a few times, and he has pointed out a few of his pieces around near liverpool street, but it felt pretty cool to spot one myself and watch all the people walking straight past it without noticing. A bit like a private joke. I've been having a look around the internet to see what else I can find about his work. I came across this page , which lists a lot of the locations. However, it seems that lots have been removed or painted over. This seems such a shame. We need these clever, witty, cheeky and poignant observations. I remember noticing one in Angel - now gone - and finding myself taking a few precious moments out of my day and thinking. We are often so busy that we forget to think. I'm not pretending to say anything profound or revolutionary, but there is something about noticing a picture on a wall that reminds me that there are people out there who are passionate about the state of the world and who want to share that passion.
To end, another quote from banksy: Win the rat race and you're still a rat.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom
ARCHIVES
April 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 /


Powered by Blogger